Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Thursday 20 October 2016

2017 Christmas Ornament SAL themes revealed!


Drum Roll please (or at least listen to the wonderful version of The Little Drummer Boy sung by A Capella group, Pentonix, below)....



The themes for our Christmas Ornament Stitching for 2017 are revealed below..

As the idea of having two themes running concurrently, seemed to meet with everyone's approval, we will be going ahead with that plan.

So, THEME ONE....

  THE TWELVE DAYS OF CHRISTMAS.....
On the First day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Partridge in a Pear Tree.

On the Second day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.

On the Third day of Christmas my true love sent to me
Three French Hens,
Two Turtle Doves
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree.
Subsequent verses follow the same pattern, each adding one new gift and repeating all the earlier gifts, so that each verse is one line longer than its predecessor:
Calling Birds
Gold Rings
Geese a-Laying
Swans a-Swimming
Maids a-Milking
Ladies Dancing
10 Lords a-Leaping
11 Pipers Piping
12 Drummers Drumming

There are so many different designs out there on this theme - I just did a quick Google search and look at all of these:


Now, here is the exciting part of the reveal....  As it happens (with a little bit of tidying up), we had exactly TWELVE suggestions for Theme Two, how is that for a bit of Serendipity?  So, without more ado, here we are...

THEME TWO ....

January - Christmas Tree
February - Carols/Music
March- Tinsel/Christmas Lights
April - Snowy Scenes
May - Sleighs/Reindeer
June - Christmas Words/Phrases
July - Birds/Animals
August - Blingy Ornaments
September - Santa
October - Nativity
November - Primitive Christmas Designs
December -  The Three Kings/Wise Men

Now, remember, please, this is meant to be a no-stress, fun SAL, so please feel free to stitch either Theme One or Theme Two or both or dip in or out of either as the mood takes you.

My plan (at this stage) is to stitch Theme One and to dip in and out of Theme Two, as the fancy (and time) takes me.

To that end, I have already organised my Twelve Days of Christmas Design. It is a Jim Shore design, I have always wanted to own one of his ornaments, and now I have the chance to stitch one (or twelve, really).


I have all of the floss, beads and buttons ready, I just need to get my fabbie organised and decide whether to stitch one large piece or twelve single ornaments. I am leaning towards one large stitched piece.



 So, I hope that you are happy with next year's themes, I know that I am.

hugs, Kaye


9 comments:

Bea said...

Whoa, options and more options. This is a fun 12 months coming up.

Marie said...

Un choix sympathique!

Rita said...

Both alternatives are great plans! It will be another fun year of stitching along.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Awesome choices everyone!
I love the Jim Shore design and if I didn't already have the Joan Elliott one I would be hopping on board with you and Jimbo. Oh well, there's always 2018...
I'm going for the 12 Days but hopefully will add some themes too.

Khristine Doiron said...

I love the two theme idea!! If I hadn't just finished a 12 Days design I would be doing that theme! But one year of 12 days was enough for me for a couple years :) So excited to be joining all you lovely people for another year!

Lili said...

Great choice!
Love both plans!

Brigitte said...

Oh my, so many themes to choose from. These Twelve Days are a real temptation and I'm sure that I have some patterns in my stash. I have at least two Prairie Schoolers for this theme. And there is always something to stitch among the themes of group 2. Thanks for all your work, Kaye.

Stitching Noni said...

Great choices to next year - thanks Kaye! I like both ideas and will probably do the 12 Days as I main one with a side order of theme 2!
I adore that Jim Shore 12 days... stunning! I have at least two choices in my stash - Joan Elliott and the Plum Street Samplers and I pretty sure that there are a couple more as well somewhere so it will be decisions, decisions!! :o)
Hugs x

AnaCristina said...

I would like to take party in this Christmas blog again!
Thankyou Kaye!