Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Tuesday 17 November 2015

2016 Themes are here!

Hi everyone,

So sorry that I have been in absentia from this blog but I have been quite ill with the double whammy of tonsilitis and the flu!  It certainly knocks you out, that is for sure!

Anyway, I am back on deck now and I am going to try to catch up with all things bloggy!

So, to start with, I am announcing the themes for 2016.  Thanks for all of the great suggestions, I have tried to make them broad enough to incorporate everyone's preferences.

January - Music 

This could include carol singers, musical notes or musical words

February - Snow

Think snowflakes, snowmen or wintry scenes

March - Santa and his helpers

This includes Mrs Santa, elves, Rupert the red-nosed reindeer, whoever you like

April - Ornaments/decorations

Lots of options here: ornies, candy canes, baubles, snowglobes, wreaths, candles, flowers, poinsettias

May - Reindeer

A very popular option

June - Christmas animals/pets

Dogs, cats, mice,  (reindeer?- lol!)

July - Free Choice

Whatever takes your fancy!

August - Christmas clothing

Mittens, stockings, Santa hats, can you think of anything else?

September - Christmas Food

Yum yum!  Puddings, cakes, gingerbread men and houses, candy canes, mince pies

October - Toys and presents

Let your imagination go wild: nutcrackers, toy soldiers, beautifully wrapped presents, etc.

November - Oh Christmas Tree!

Self-explanatory really

December - Angels/Nativity

Most appropriate theme for the Christmas month!



So, we should all have lots of fun with these themes next year, I think!

hugs, Kaye


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds great Kaye,thankyou xx

Kaisievic said...

You are so welcome, my dear!

Carm said...

Love all the months! Glad you are feeling well enough to blog again. Missed your posts big time!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great themes. I'll be rummaging through my JCS back issues to see what fits.

And where I can shoe horn dragons in! Glad you are feeling better now.

Stitching Noni said...

Brilliant themes for next year Kaye :)
Jo, dragons could go into pets... And Santa's little helpers :)
Hugs xx

Rita said...

Great themes!

Justine said...

Lovely themes for next year...I've been a bit scattergun with my stitching of late but will get back into ornie stitching next year - promise!

Bea said...

Great themes with lots of latitude for choice! Glad you're feeling better Kaye - you were missed!

Daniela Bencúrová said...

I am looking forward to 2016!
It'll be great!
Thank you!

AnaCristina said...

Thank you Kaye!

Jo said...

I have been a bit absent too. Hopefully I can get back into it. I have an ide for my Xmas gifts and this could work/help me get them done

Brigitte said...

Oh great, I think I should find something for each month. I'll create a new folder for this SAL :))

Kaisievic said...

Excellent idea, Brigid.

Kaisievic said...

Thanks, Bea.

Kaisievic said...

That's okay -we can all be like that sometimes.

Annie said...

Love the themes-well done! Should give us lots of fun stitching in the next year:)

LovesFrills said...

I'm having fun picking out which ornament to stitch for each month. I'll probably change my mind through the course of the year though :-)

twinpeakprimitives said...

I am a bit late Kaye / sorry for that ! There is one question from me! Can I join this blog with my own designs? However,I'd like to be added within this SAL too!

Thanks in advance :)