Christmas is a Universal Language: Translate here

Thursday 9 July 2015

An early Merry Christmas to you all....

... this is the inaugural post of the Christmas Ornie SAL 2015.  I hope that we can all have fun together as we stitch some Christmas Ornies.  Don't worry, we still have time, about five months to stitch some little beauties.

So, some housekeeping:

  • this blog is still under construction, so forgive me if there are still a few things missing.
  • If you want to join, please email me at: kayedep@gmail.com
  • Our themes are on the right hand sidebar, we are starting with Mr and/or Mrs Santa for August (we have a long lead in to get us started)
  • I have tried to keep them fairly flexible as we do have less than half a year, so that is why there are choices within a month's theme
  • Please feel free to use our badge and link back to this blog on your own gorgeous blog:

.... and if you are interested in creating this stitchery, it is a freebie from Allie Oops designs, which you can find here.  (Just scroll down until you find it).



  • There will be a blogroll of each of the contributors, but that is still under construction, too.
(Ooooh, as I am writing this post, I can see that Debbie B has started following the blog already - hurray!  Welcome, Debbie!)


  • Also, please check out our Sister Blog, Hallowe'en Ornie SAL 2015, hosted by our very own Jo P - you will find a link on the sidebar.
Anyway, that is all from me, as I have to pop off to work now to pay for all of my stash.

Merry Xmas to you all,

P.S. I forgot to tell you all, that each month there will be a giveaway of a Christmas pattern chosen at random from that month's posts - so that should give you some incentive to stitch away - lol!


25 comments:

AnaCristina said...

Let´s go!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Kaye,I think this will be a lot of fun xx

Justine said...

I'm excited about this - Merry Christmas everyone!

Justine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well done Kaye! Off to browse through back issues of JCS now.

Bea said...

We're official! Now I have to go pattern hunting.

Melanie said...

I'm on the search too. 😀

Gillie said...

Sent you an email, Kaye, what an excellent idea!

Jo said...

Should be good to watch what's happening and hopefully get something stitched

CJ said...

I am ready to join you.

CJ

Rita said...

Sent you an email. :-)

Gillie said...

I made it, I'm here! And my blog is too, thank you, Kaye!

Lili said...

Wonderful idea!!!
I will send an email :)

Stitching Noni said...

Fantastic idea! I am in :o) email on it's way!
Hugs xx

KimM said...

I just added your charming blog button for your SAL on my blog, Kaye. Cheers!
xxx

Elfin Stitches (Lynne in Australia) said...

What a lovely idea. I'm in!

Cathy said...

I just sent you an email. I'm really looking forward to this.

Annie said...

This is going to be so much fun and I have added the blog button to my blog too!

Anonymous said...

thank you for taking the time to do this, Kaye!
oh I already have plenty of WIPs that I can join with, they're not technically ornaments, to be honest.. but you know me, I love bending this kind of rules ;)
I promise I'll stitch at least some ornaments too, mine are WIPs that can be turned into ornaments anyways. :)

sew.darn.quilt said...

I've also added your blog button, sent an email and am rifling through my miniscule stash to find something for August") Thank you for all the effort you've put into this SAL, Kaye.

Kaisievic said...

You are so welcome, Carolyn - I hope that you have lots of fun!

Kaisievic said...

You are welcome, Chiara, bend the rules away but just make sure that each month's themes are in there somewhere - lol!

Kaisievic said...

Thanks, Annie.

Kaisievic said...

Me too!

Kaisievic said...

Thank you, SSF!